Coca-Cola knew that kids wanted cool, and they didn’t have it. Thus OK Soda was born.
Hip, bold retro-style graphics, a ‘uniquely fruity flavor’, and a clever ad campaign playing on the knowledge kids had about ad campaigns made this soda a hit among youngsters in test markets. But, the results weren’t good enough for a national rollout, and the project was scrapped.
Calling 1-800-I-FEEL-OK would lead you prerecorded anecdotes from the OK spokesman as well as messages left by consumers.
I still remember calling from the payphone outside my middle school.
OK Soda WAS cool. It was fun. It is now lost in the 90s.
- What’s the point of OK? Well, what’s the point of anything?
- OK Soda emphatically rejects anything that is not OK, and fully supports anything that is.
- The better you understand something, the more OK it turns out to be.
- OK Soda says, “Don’t be fooled into thinking there has to be a reason for everything.”
- OK Soda reveals the surprising truth about people and situations.
- OK Soda does not subscribe to any religion, or endorse any political party, or do anything other than feel OK.
- There is no real secret to feeling OK.
- OK Soda may be the preferred drink of other people such as yourself.
- Never overestimate the remarkable abilities of “OK” brand soda.
- Please wake up every morning knowing that things are going to be OK.
round--robin asked: I rec'd "On the Ice" to a D&D friend of mine. She also watches Sherlock, so when I saw her last week for games, I told her "hey! you want to read a fic where Sherlock and John play D&D?" Her face fricking lit up, I had never seen her that happy before. We have games again tonight, so I'll ask her how she liked it.
I hope your friend also wanted to read a fic where Sherlock drinks out of a juice box, has weird angry sex with John, and then gets on a bus and cries in a fucking cave.
(…oh who am I kidding, everyone wants to read that.)
Stephen King (via purplebuddhaproject)
The last time I read a Stephen King novel (11/22/63) I remembered this rebuke from On Writing, and I paid attention, and there was a fucking adverb on every single page.
The lesson is, we all have our ideals, and maybe we don’t meet those ideals ourselves, but that’s no reason not to keep plugging along. Mr. King has done alright for himself, after all.
Dear girls who suffer from white boy thirst
the boys having a lazy day in bed: sherlock lying on his belly and reading a book about bees on his kindle, john sitting on sherlock’s thighs and playing drum solos on his bum
okay so now could someone please write a ficlet for this please please
God, yeah, if only someone had written this fic back in January of 2012. That would be so awesome. If only…
If you’re a writer and you see this post, stop what you’re doing.
WHENEVER YOU SEE THIS POST ON YOUR DASH, STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND WRITE ONE SENTENCE FOR YOUR CURRENT PROJECT.
Just one sentence. Stop blogging for one minute and write a single sentence. It could be dialogue, it could be a nice description of scenery, it could be a metaphor, I don’t care. The point is, do it. Then, when you finish, you can get back to blogging.
If this gets viral, you might just have your novel finished by next Tuesday.
Please note that SCP-3387 is only able to detect other anomalous objects in his vicinity; he cannot identify their properties or abilities.